Monday, October 05, 2009

New ETA Teacher at SMAN 1 Jepara

MGMP Bahasa Inggris SMA Kabupaten Jepara has new friend. She is ETA teacher at SMAN 1 Jepara, replacing Christy Milliken. She will be in Jepara for 8 months. Now, this is her introduction.


Hi! I am Kerry Persen from Phoenix, Arizona, USA.  I am 22 years old and have recently graduated from Bowdoin University in Maine where I studied Economics and International Relations.  I arrived in Indonesia five weeks ago and have spent one week in Jakarta, 3 weeks in Bandung, and 1 week in Jepara.   I really like Indonesia; the people have been very nice, and I love the food and countryside.  I will be staying in Indonesia for the next eight months to help teach 10th grade English classes at SMA 1 Jepara.  While in Jepara, I hope to learn Bahasa Indonesia, help with English debate club, and learn about Javanese culture (and maybe even some Bahasa Jawa).  I am also excited to learn more about the differences between American and Indonesian high schools.  I look forward to meeting everyone and helping in any way I can!

No comments: